St Paul School of Art. St Paul School of Fine Arts. St Paul Institute School of Art
The St Paul School of Fine Arts was organized in 1894, beginning operation two years later in 1896. In 1909, it was absorbed into the St Paul Institute (variously known as the St Paul Institute of Arts and Sciences and the St Paul Institute of Science and Letters), and re-named the St Paul Institute School of Art. This entity suspended operation during the First World War (ca. 1917), and was subsequently reorganized in 1924, resuming operation in 1927 as the St Paul School of Art. In 1939 it was re-named the St Paul Gallery and School of Art. In 1964 the School joined the St Paul-Ramsey Arts and Science Center, successor to the St Paul Institute, predecessor to the Science Museum of Minnesota and the Minnesota Museum of Art (1969). In 1992 the latter became known as the Minnesota Museum of American Art, and the following year abandoned formal art education training.
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
File — drawer: 11, Folder: 26